Wednesday, 30 November 2016

Busy and Little Doggies

We've had such a busy few days here in freezing Oxfordshire. Busy but mundane so I'll spare you the details. Today will be a calm, quiet day, I hope.  It really is cold out. We're not meant to get above 4°C...that is freezing ! Looking to the back of our house, the field is frozen, crispy white with frost. Out the front, directly across the road, is the Parish church, and the graveyard, and that, too, is covered in a white layer of ice. But the sun is shining, not a cloud in the sky.

I actually had a comment the other day (my first). Thank you Frances. She asked what breed of dog I had. I'll show you a photo.



This is Lulu. She's a Shi tzu. We got her from a rescue 4 years ago. She's a precious girl, with a few health problems, but we love her very much. She's about 8...we think. She was rescued from a puppy mill, where she lived in a small cage, producing litter after litter of puppies. Heartbreaking.

 My last dog was a miniature long haired chihuahua....Mitzi.


She had to be euthanised a few years ago. She was 10 at the time. I still miss her.

That's it for this morning. I need to get the day started.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your visit to my blog.
    Rescue animals are wonderful aren't they? We had to make the dread decision for one of our cats very recently, and I miss her. Badly. She was a rescue cat - and gave us at least as much as we gave her.

    ReplyDelete