Tuesday, 6 December 2016

Christmas planning



What miserable weather we are having today.  Its foggy,  damp and cold. I won't be going out at all. I plan to have a good tidy up, and start thinking about Christmas preparation. Note...I said thinking about it, not actually doing anything yet.

The children and grandchildren prefer to have money for Christmas. I think it's a good idea, and saves me tearing my hair out while buying them stuff they don't want or need. We discussed it years ago. I thought gift cards were a good option, but we decided against it. I will also give the younger girls a few little presents so they have something to open when they come here. Hubby, Mother and I don't spend a lot of money on each other. It's just not necessary. Do I sound a bit Bah Humbug ? I'm not really. I enjoy this season. I enjoy Christmas day. I love watching the children opening presents...seeing them so excited. But more importantly,  I love that my family will all be here,  we’ll share a good meal together, and create happy memories for the grandchildren.

And so, I will think about my plans today.  We'll put the tree up a day or two before Christmas day, and some simple decorations. I have a few different roasts in the freezer, just have to decide which to cook. My girls will each bring a small roast something, a veg, and a dessert. We make it simple, but there'll be plenty of food.  I'll do a few snacks too. Mum will make mince pies and sausage rolls next week and we'll freeze them. There ! I've worked it all out already. There'll be no mad spending, no frantic rushing around, no stress. It will be a time to enjoy the family, enjoy being together and making memories.

3 comments:

  1. Hello, hello and welcome back to blogland. Look forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping and commenting. Life is about sharing, as you know. I wish I had a mum again. xo

    ReplyDelete